Things not to say to me while I’m eating:
- That’s a lot of food
- That’s not enough food
- You’re going to eat all of that???!??
- That looks gross
- That’s not healthy
- That looks healthy
- That’s disgusting
- Why are you eating that?
- I’m glad you’re eating more
In case you didn’t understand, DON’T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT MY EATING/FOOD/INTAKE WHETHER IT BE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT.
Unfortunately, this is a real restaurant and that is a real response. Their page was not hacked and thus trolled (that I know of). The owners are just really crazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg
holy FUCK watch that video
i just watched that video (and the part 2). unbelievable
I’m like 7 minutes in and jesus christ
HOLY BALLS, I SAW THE FULL EPISODE ABOUT THIS TRAIN-WRECK OF A RESTAURANT.
GORDON RAMSAY LEFT THE RESTAURANT WITHOUT CHANGING IT BECAUSE HE SAID HE WAS SCARED AND DISTURBED BY THE PLACE AND IT’S OWNERS.
LET ME REPEAT THAT.
GORDON FUCKING RAMSAY SAID HE WAS SCARED AND DISTURBED BY HOW VICIOUS THE OWNERS ARE.
They’re claiming that someone hacked their Facebook account now but…
Like, they’re really batshit crazy.
EVERYBODY WATCH THAT EPISODE I’M WATCHING IT NOW AND OH MY GOD THEY’RE SO CRAZY THIS IS INCREDIBLE
Two minutes in and I can’t watch anymore. The second-hand embarrassment I am getting is too much to handle.
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
THE ENTIRE TIME IM WATCHING THIS IM SCREAMING “THIS IS BULLSHIT” AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
with the water droplets WHAT A FUCKING PRETENTIOUS CAKE
HOW DARE YOU
All I could think while watching this was how much I want cake right now..
OKAY SO LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE SHITTIEST COOKIE RECIPE ON THIS GOD FORSAKEN ROCK WE CALL A MOTHERFUCKING PLANET. So Ghiradelli, who was once a beloved and trusted name in my household, gave a chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of their chocolate chip bag. Innocent baking fun, right? NO! ASSFUCKING WRONG! I did not deviate from their instructions because I trusted this demon possessed chocolate connoisseur of evil intentions and broken dreams. I HAD THEIR SHIT FUCK EGGS AND THEIR GODDAMN BAKING SODA! BUT IT DIDN’T MATTER! But I was still unaware as I prepped the betrayal dough to be put on the baking shit, like a lamb for slaughter. And I can remember, so clearly, me thinking “ungreased cooking sheet?” BECAUSE IT SAID UNGREASED BUT I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!! So I placed the balls of soon to be destruction and misery on the sheet and placed them in the oven. and waited. And then when I removed them from the oven THEY WERE MOTHERFUCKING PUDDLES ON THE MOTHER FUCKING PAN. I waited for them to cool, hoping they would come out in one piece and this monstrosity could be saved. But as I raised my spatula to slide the cookies out: pure carnage. IT WAS LIKE THESE ASS SHIT COOKIES WERE WELDED TO THIS SHEET! LIKE IT WAS TRYING TO REMOVE THE FUCKING SWORD FROM THE STONE! No cookie was spared. And this. THIS is what I have to live with now. My once baking innocent is shaddered, and I will never be the same, not since after the war. I can still hear the sound of the spatula scraping the sheet, constantly scraping
I hate funerals. I just want to suck up all the tears and sadness and just photosynthesize them into food that transports itself to those who need it the most.
When Sandy Patangay left her home country of India to come to the United States, she never dreamed that she’d one day be able to bring something so special from her native culture to eager New York City consumers. After having completed her masters and begun working on Wall Street, she turned her sights away from the corporate world and began to channel her true passion - henna design - into a project that has become incredibly successful in an incredibly small amount of time. Transmuting traditional henna designs onto a whole new medium, Sandy creates beautiful cakes, cookies, and macaroons that have earned critical praise from some of the most renowned culinary experts. Thinking back on her decision to take this step in establishing her own business, she says:
So many times, I asked myself, whether this was a stupid move — walking away from a secure job to sell cakes. But now I can see I didn’t waste a single day. While I loved what I was doing on Wall Street, there’s only so much you can do to climb the corporate ladder. And how many people actually end up being the CEO? But when you follow your passion, the possibilities are endless.
Check out her website here.
if you don’t at least thoroughly enjoy applesauce, you are fucking
8 different kinds of bones!